Friday, November 4, 2011

More Pretty Pages

I have totally been enjoying my new art journals. That's right, "journals"! I liked the new one I just picked up so much that I went right back to the store and picked up a second one! Working in more than one journal at the same time is fantastic! While I'm waiting for something to dry or set in one journal, I can go crazy on a separate journal never losing my flowing ideas.

The journals I am using are Cachet by Daler Rowney. The weight of the paper is 75lb and the size is approximately 7x10. The only issue I've been having lately, other than writer's block, is that sometimes the dry paint sticks to the opposite page when I close the journal and causes some tearing. I don't mind it so much right now, but when it tears off a few words after I finally get out of this writer's block hell, I think I'm going to freak out.

Here's some new work and progress pages...

I added some black copic outlining and the center tears occurred on this one... still a work in progress and untitled.

"Emerge" - Journaling added... "Wanting to shine she muffled a pathetic residue of herself, emerging alive and new at midnight, beams aglow in secret joy." I have to confess... I found a new app on my iPhone that is helping me with my writer's block. Similar to magnetic poetry, Poetry Creator is fun and gives my brain a jump start.

I have found a huge source of inspiration and tutorials on fun techniques to try on Pinterest! I'm hopelessly addicted. Check the upper right area on my blog for the button to follow me on Pinterest!

This untitled work in progress was done using rubber cement and acrylic.

"Pop"... as in I really want my pages to pop and stand out! Rubber cement, alcohol ink, acrylic and copic marker.

Untitled work in progress - Caran D'Ache Neocolor II (probably one of my favorite products) and alcohol ink

Untitled wax relief - crayon and watered down acrylic.

"Blossom" - "Rich dreams play in my intensified darkness. Friendly habitual amnesia echoes clearly. The heart blossoms." Thank you again Poetry Creator... Acrylic, spray ink and copic markers.

Untitled work in progress - Watercolor saran wrap technique, alcohol ink and copic marker.

Untitled work in progress - Watercolor and copic marker... some tearing occurred here.

Untitled work in progress - Oil pastel, black gesso, white Galaxy marker.

Untitled work in progress - Shaving cream and acrylic... I kid you not, that's how this happened! I'm telling you, follow me on Pinterest!

Untitled work in progress - Acrylic

Untitled work in progress - Neocolor relief - Caran D' Ache Neocolor II and black gesso.

Untitled work in progress - Black gesso, acrylic, gel medium, copic marker, watercolor and alcohol ink.

That's all for now... I hope to post more often in smaller segments but sometimes my creative mind gets the best of me and I end up creating more and blogging less.

No comments:

Post a Comment